On the evening Hitomi Kanzaki confesses her love to the captain of the track team, a bright light transports her to Gaea, a world where the Earth and Moon hang in the sky. There she meets Van Fanel, newly crowned king of Fanelia and the only person capable of controlling the ancient guymelef Escaflowne. After the destruction of Fanelia by the evil Zaibach Empire, Hitomi and Van set out to overthrow the empire and prevent the end of the world. Major spoilers ahead.
- Tripping 1902 Style: “A Trip to the Moon”
- Archaeology Ruins Heroes: “Archaeology, History, and Custer’s Last Battle: The Little Big Horn Re-examined”
- Mecha Marathon – Broken Blade
- Development versus Conservation: “Saving Mes Aynak”
- Classic vs. Cult-Classic: Defining Cowboy Bebop’s Pop Culture Status